Tweet~

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Perfect Day

I have visited many Artists Studios before and I have never had an experience like this. 
This is Sculptor Gary Lee Price and he is creating a life size version of The Wright Brothers. What an amazing feeling as I walked in to this space... Gary's space. It was an immediate feeling of home. So peaceful and so many wonderful things to look at. Every one of my senses were alive and my heart so full I had no words. My eyes were wet with emotion as I took a tour of his studio.  

 It was an honor to spend the evening just listening as 4 amazing men came together and shared stories, thoughts and dreams. When we asked if it was ok to touch the clay sculpture Gary was eager to allow it. Every inch of these pieces came alive, I could actually feel the presence of these two amazing men "Orville and Wilbur" Two amazing men who changed history! It was as if they were there to watch over Gary as his Guardian Angels as he creates such an amazing piece of art for the world to appreciate and to continue to learn from. I have no doubt these men continue to inspire from the grave!
What a wonderful feeling it is to have such an inspirational artist and mentor appreciate one of my creations. As Gary examined a custom created Native American Hand Drum I had commissioned with the Tree of life painted on front I was honored to have him shared his thoughts and feelings.
Once again my emotions came to the surface as I was inspired to give a custom Butterfly Rattle to Gary. He then disappeared and returned with a gift for me. My very own Statue of Responsibility! 
It was a "GOOD TRADE" as the Natives used to say.



 just a quick selfie to prove to myself that this was not a dream, this is my reality and Like attracts Like. These are my people, my Tribe so to speak is gathering and I love the Shift my life is taking!
I look forward to the day I return to Gary's studio and see what or who he is working on next.


This was the Perfect Day! 


3 comments: